Sunday, April 21, 2013

A Much Needed Long Weekend at the Beach and a Green Spring!

I feel like it's been weeks since I had a real blog post. I took a long weekend away last weekend and went to North Myrtle Beach to see my parents and my sister and nieces. My 2 year old niece learned to crawl out of her pack and play, which made for interesting mornings. And I happened to mention that I couldn't believe the mosquitos were already out and I didn't like them because mosquitos suck your blood. Totally freaked out my 4 year old niece! ( I have boys, they think that stuff is cool.) We had great weather and got some stellar photos on the beach. My sister has an awesome DSLR camera that makes me drool.





Lately, my weekends have been for work over flow and things I don't get done during the week. There's always the frenzy to get everything done before you go away and then the frenzy to finish and attempt to "catch up" when you return. A delicate balance that I never seem to achieve. This time of the year my blogging may ease up a bit. I'm working hard to regain my weekends. They are after all for fun, relaxation and gardening (yes, I find gardening relaxing too). Certain gardening tasks must be done in a certain window to be effective. The weeding, mulching and planting marathon has begun.
 
Blooming Dogwood

Red Japanese Maple

Blooming Wisteria

I can't remember what this flower is. I planted it about 10 years ago and this is the first year it has bloomed. Awesome foliage too!
 
My Mom gave me some of her Amaryllis when I was visiting. Already blooming and liking it's new home. The fat dog on the right is Izzy. She was the chewer, now she just eats a lot. We've been instructed to put her on a diet. This should be interesting.
 
I love this time of the year when the sun is bright and everything is vivid green and blooming! So hopefully this explains why my blogging has slowed. I do have some exciting projects to post and some new ones in the works. Stay tuned, I will be sharing soon!
 

5 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful pictures! And I am officially jealous of your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brie! We all need every weekend to be a long one away!

      Delete
  2. I think I need a beach get-away! What kind of camera does your sister have? I'm sure it would make me drool as well.
    Lovely photos - all of them!
    ~Kim
    www.2justByou.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim! Not sure of the brand but it shoots a million pics per sec and has multiple lenses. It makes awesome photos!

      Delete
  3. Boooooo on mosquitos! Booooo! But your flowers look beautiful! ;-)
    I'm so happy the dogwoods are in bloom. I had never seen one before moving here last year.
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...