Thursday, March 7, 2013

Bold Colors for Your Home

If you follow me you know I LOVE color! Along with my color, I'll take a shot of glimmer, glitter or anything shimmery too. According to a recent Houzz article, I might should worry what others think (link at the end of this post). Apparently, understated is most preferred. I'm not a neutral, bright and airy girl. If I want bright and airy, I'll go hang outside. And no floral patterns inside either. But I love my flowers outside. It's interesting that most people prefer a bit of both, bold and neutral. The rest of the folks are extremely opinionated. I guess I fall to the extremely opinionated for color. At one point, my house had a muted turquoise in the dining room, mustard in the foyer and family room and rust walls in the kitchen with a lime green sunroom. Sounds crazy but we loved it. My dining room is still the same. I love my dark turquoise silk drapes. And I got the fabric on clearance for $5.99/yd. because 10 years ago NOBODY was into turquoise.


I'm quite embarrassed that I still have a white ceiling. I guess I paint so many, it's the last thing I want to do in my spare time. I did change my family room and foyer to more of a caramel color but only because I wanted a red leather sectional. Once the red leather sectional came, the rust kitchen no longer worked. It's now a muted olive crackled plaster. The sunroom is still lime green and soon to be on it's way out.

Are you inspired by color or does it make you crazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...