Monday, June 18, 2012

Sanctuary of Fresh, White Summer Blooms

I hope you don't mind that I occasionally take a break from writing about painting. I love to paint, but I also love to garden, vegetable and flower, although not so good at the vegetable part. I also like girl's weekends and drinking wine. ( I might start writing about that soon, as well.) Walking around my yard, with these fabulous days we've been having in the Carolina's, I decided to photo the various white flowers in bloom. The gardenia's are my favorite. Their scent is intoxicating! Sitting near a gardenia in bloom, with a glass of Chardonnay as the sun sets, takes you to another world where teens and work stress doesn't exist. :) If you have teens home for the summer you know exactly what I'm talking about! So my husband and I seek out the sanctuary of our back yard that we've spent many hours developing. So today, I'm sharing some of my back yard. I hope you enjoy!
Gardenia

Gladiola


Shasta Daisy


Portulaca

Diamond Frost

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love these pictures! You have a fabulous garden and it is so nice to have a sanctuary at you home. We'll make it through.. yes we will!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...